Thoughts and insights about prayer

This blog is for me to publish my thoughts, expereinces and insights regarding prayer from a Christian perspective and from the Scriptures

Name:
Location: Tahmoor, Wollondilly Shire / NSW, Australia

I'm 41 years old, married to Rose and have 5 boys, 3 whom are step sons. I love God, love people as well as all creation. This is where I post my thoughts,aspirations, activities and any other quirky thing that catches my interest.

Monday, April 11, 2005

spiritual discilpline

I have heard it said that praying doesn't really change anything except our selves. I disagree with this entirely,

Jesus said,


"Mat 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

We are in a relationship with our God, who is real and alive, and whom we can know and who knows us, I am a father and when my son asks me to do something or give him something, if it is good for him I will do so, sometimes even if it's not - such as a pkt of chips or a few lollies etc.

I give to my son because I love him and I want what is good for him, and I am in a real relationship with him, we too are in a real relationship with our heavenly father, we do not just get strengthened through praying, we also get strengthened through recieving what we asked for.

Can you imagine how disheartened my son would be every time he asked me for something i ignored him? Our heavenly father is the same, he gives to us what we ask, because he knows what we need and in the process this recieving helps us grow in our faith and in our relationship with him.

craig

1 Comments:

Anonymous Benson said...

That's really insightful. Sometimes you would never think that receiving from God could actually change your heart, but now I believe it can. I just want to know what to ask God...but then again, you can always ask more than once :D

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home