Thoughts and insights about prayer

This blog is for me to publish my thoughts, expereinces and insights regarding prayer from a Christian perspective and from the Scriptures

Name:
Location: Tahmoor, Wollondilly Shire / NSW, Australia

I'm 41 years old, married to Rose and have 5 boys, 3 whom are step sons. I love God, love people as well as all creation. This is where I post my thoughts,aspirations, activities and any other quirky thing that catches my interest.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

What do you want?

I have been reflecting today about the time when Jesus asked the blind man who against all the odds continued to call out to him,

"What do you want?"
What a question to ask someone, what is the thing we all want to know, if God asked you, "What do you want?" what would you ask him for? Perhaps you need a miracle in your life, perhaps a need of assurance, or to fill the loneliness that is like a bit black hole in the pit of your soul. What is it you would ask for?
I think there is one question that all of mankind would ask, and that is this "What are we here for?" or to put the same question in another way "What is my purpose?"
I am blessed, I know my purpose in life, I know my God given calling and purpose in this life and it gives me great confidence and excitement knowing that I am here for a purpose.
The Apostle Paul prayed this same prayer for the Ephesians, he prayed,

Eph 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,
Eph 1:20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,
God wants us to know our purpose for our lives, he wants us to know the hope that he has called us to, he wants us to know his incomparably great power in our lives today, and he is only a word and a prayer away.
God is calling us to himself, are you prepared to surrender your life to our living God and accept what his son Jesus Christ did for you on the cross, are you prepared to call a spade a spade and admit that indeed you are a sinful person, that sin just abounds in your heart even though you do your utmost not to think, say and do the things you do. If you are prepared to admit that to God and say God forgive me, help me, I believe that Christ died for me and has forgiven me, help me to live for you and not for myself, then you too will find and begin to walk in the calling and purpose that God has for your life, his purposes to bless you and not harm you, his purposes for you to find full contentment and not aimless living, a life of knowing what you are here for, instead of empty musings.
And this is only the beginning, our purpose on this earth is for us to enjoy God and all he had given us and for God to enjoy our company as well and as we walk with him, we will find him directing our paths.
I for one am one who knows my purpose in this life - do you know yours?
craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home