Thoughts and insights about prayer

This blog is for me to publish my thoughts, expereinces and insights regarding prayer from a Christian perspective and from the Scriptures

Name:
Location: Tahmoor, Wollondilly Shire / NSW, Australia

I'm 41 years old, married to Rose and have 5 boys, 3 whom are step sons. I love God, love people as well as all creation. This is where I post my thoughts,aspirations, activities and any other quirky thing that catches my interest.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Fatherhood

Today I have been reflecting on fatherhood.

Jesus taught us to pray ..."Our father"

Jesus showed us how God is the perfect Father and also how he is the perfect son.

Today the world is lost, fathers don't know how to be fathers any more, sons and daughters just don't know how to be true sons and daughters either, where our our role models and our mentors?

I was only praying with my pastor today that none of us can truly walk in the presence of God with out knowing him as father and knowing our role as a child or his son / daughter. We only need to look to Jesus as our role model.

I say today that no matter how good or bad your upbringing was and is, no matter what your own father was or was not like, God is our perfect father, he is for us and not against us, he has good plans for us and wants us to know him as the perfect father.

All of us were and will always be some ones child, and none of us were perfect children, all of us were naughty in some way or rather, some of us were / are cheekier then others as well. It doesn't matter our past, God will allways accept us with open arms through his Son Jesus Christ and in return he will adopt us as his own children.

It is my prayer today that you will truly come to know the only living God as your real heavenly Father and accept what he has to offer you through his son Jesus.

craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home